To emerge as a center of academic excellence by imparting quality technical knowledge and executing research activities in frontier areas of electrical engineering to produce engineers that are competent to take key roles in Industry and Academia.
The mission of Electrical Engineering department is:
- To produce electrical engineers that has strong theoretical foundation, good practical experience and exposure to research and development.
- To impart quality education, training and research at the undergraduate level in all the areas of Electrical Engineering.
- To create nurturing environment for young minds by involving the students in individual and team projects for solving innovative problems in the applied fronts of Electrical engineering.
- To inculcate Team Spirit, ethical conduct and strong practical base among its students to equip them with the professional knowhow for succeeding to challenges of changing global environment.
- To be a center for innovation and technological Research & Development in frontier areas of electrical engineering.
- To update our technological knowledge base and curriculum as per the changing trends in the Industry and research innovations.
What is Electrical Engineering?
The branch of engineering that deals with the technology of electricity, especially the design and application of circuitryand equipment for power generation and distribution,
machine control, and communications.
The objectives of the electrical engineering study program are
- To produce Electrical Engineering graduates for more effective and efficient utilization of energy through better management in the new century.
- To improve the relevance of the study program in solving practical problems faced by modern industry.
- To possess the knowledge needed to be in the forefront of current advances in areas of technology related to electrical engineering, such as green energy technologies.
- To enhance the creativity and innovativeness of the graduates.
- To improve the professionalism of the graduates and to elevate the quality of life of the society.
Fields of Electrical Engineering for Further Study:
- Power Engineering
- Renewable Energy Engineering
- Control Engineering
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Drive Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- And so on…!
Few Reasons to Study Electrical Engineering
- EE provides students with a broad base of knowledge in respective field.
- Development of analytical thinking skills in respective field
- Also useful in areas like business and economics for prompt decision making.
- So you are not only limited to technical fields. “An engineer chooses the option that is techno-economically attractive”.
- They play the role of direction and management of
- large electric utilities and electrical engineering companies
- mega projects,
- Clean technologies
- Applied scientific research that leads to novel invention.
After graduation in Electrical Engineering, Where possibly you go??
- Past experiences indicate - many of the students prefer further study abroad. IOE itself has sound global reputation.
- Within the nation, opportunities being expanding. Some of the places for the graduates could be as below.
- Hydropower projects/Funding agencies (Banks)
- Nepal Electricity Authority
- Private Electric Utilities (e.g. BPC)
- Ministry (GoN)
- Telecommunication Companies (e.g. NTC, Ncell)
- Various Industries (industry in itself is a large consumer of electricity)
- Teaching (Academic Institution)
- Industrial/Building electrification
- Air industries (NAC, CAAN)
- Electric Traction (Trolley bus, Electric Train etc.)
- Renewable Energy Sector (solar, Biomass, wind and so on)
- I/NGOs, bilateral/multilateral agencies.
Download Syllabus:BEL Curriculum.pdf